Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Handmade owl tea cosy


Owls are always very popular and here's my latest owl tea cosy.
It's crocheted using a chunky wool/mohair/acrylic yarn so is lovely and warm. The bobble stitch used makes the tea cosy quite thick.
I've made several owl tea cosies and it's amazing how different they look depending on the yarn I use. Usually I use 2 strands of double knitting yarn - one plain and one fluffy. This mohair/wool yarn gives a less fluffy finish but is still soft and feather-like. Available in my Etsy shop now!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind but I have linked a pin on pinterest to this post. I just want everyone who loves owls to see your work.
    my profile on pinterest is Susan D1408

    ReplyDelete