Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Handmade Cornishware style blue and cream striped tea cosy


Prior to our recent move, we lived in Church Gresley for several years and often visited the TG Green factory. Until a few years ago, this was the home of Cornishware. Needless to say I have plenty of the gorgeous blue and cream crockery. I recently stumbled across some lovely cornflower blue yarn which matches my Cornishware perfectly... So here it is, my tribute to Cornishware in a handknitted tea cosy.
The tea cosy is fairly simple in design and knitted using 2 strands of double knitting yarn in a 4 row stripe pattern. I have left gaps in the side for the spout and handle so it will fit almost any tea cosy. Available now in my Etsy shop!
I love the simplicity of the design - I think I'll be making it again but in different colourways!

No comments:

Post a Comment