Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Handmade hedgehog tea cosy

I've finally dug out my sewing machine - almost 6 months after we moved in (better late that never I suppose!) and have just completed my latest tea cosy - in the shape of a hedgehog.
I bought the material a while ago, with a view to making a hedgehog - but as with everything at the moment, I don't know where the time has gone! The material is lovely and soft as it covered in brown 'fringes' that create the effect of the hedgehog spines. The tea cosy is insulated with 200g polyester wadding and lined with a matching brown cotton. It was a bit of a fiddle to get right - and to ensure there were no raw edges showing, but perseverance has paid off and I am really pleased with the result.
For the facial features, I used felt. This is mainly because it doesn't fray and I could simply sew it on top of the brown fringed fabric without having to worry about raw edges etc. I then added a felt nose and felt eyes, all made from black felt. 
Available now in my Etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment