Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Thursday 9 September 2010

Handmade cup cake tea cosy


Well, here's my latest creation - the cup cake tea cosy.
As I said in previous posts, being at home with the children has inspired me to make some cake themed tea cosies. Cup cakes are very popular at the moment and this design is very cute. I used a combination of yarns to create different effects. The 'case' of the cup cake is knitted in 2x2 rib using a smooth white dk yarn (used double of course!). The icing is knitted in a contrasting pink bubbly yarn to resemble the icing. A simple red cherry sits on top.
I am very pleased with the way this tea cosy has turned out, and will definitely be making it again soon. I would like to experiment with different colour ways and yarns. The tea cosy is available in my Etsy shop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment