Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Saturday 18 September 2010

Handmade blue mix tea cosy with black cats

Time for a simpler tea cosy I thought... So here is a basic tea cosy adorned with 2 black cats on each side. The tea cosy is made using 2 strands of dk yarn (a mid blue and pale blue to create a textured effect) and knitted in panels - stocking stitch and moss stitch.
I knitted the black cats afterwards using a single strand of dk yarn in garter stitch. It was a bit of a fiddle to get the features right, but I think you'll agree they've turned out pretty well. I also added a pink 'ribbon' - a single strand of yarn which I made into a bow and then sewed securely. Had I used ribbon, I was unsure as to how well it would wash.... Tea cosies need to be washable!
The tea cosy is available in my Etsy shop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment