Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Cornish Blue and White Granny Square tea cosy

A few weeks ago, I posted pictures of a Granny Square tea cosy in a black and multi coloured yarn combination. Well, after selling that cosy I have repeated the pattern but in a different colourway. I am really pleased with the colour combination - the cosy looks very 'fresh' and being made from yarn, it is fully washable too! As crochet tends to 'come up' a little thicker than knitted pieces, I used a single strand of DK yarn instead of my usual chunky. Despite the difference in yarn weight, the cosy is still very thick and will definitely keep your tea hot!
Over the next few days I am planning to crack on with some fabric tea cosies - but as these require a little more concentration on my part, they may take a little longer! The blue and white tea cosy, is available in my Etsy shop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment