Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Friday 9 September 2011

Crochet Christmas Tree tea cosy

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I often have a number of projects 'almost finished' but awaiting sewing up. I don't have that many at present, but am determined to get everything sewn up that is knitted / crocheted before embarking on a new project (famous last words!).
I recently came across a pretty cushion cover in a ripple stitch design and wanted to give it a go. After a bit of trial and error with the stitches, this is the end result! By working into the back stitches only, I created a ridge effect. Once sewn up, I crocheted along random ridges with a fluffy white yarn to give the effect of snow. The large star on the top is a bit of fun, but all in all I am very pleased with my latest tea cosy. Available in my Etsy shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment