Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Back to school - a crochet apple cosy and card

As a mum to 3 little ones I have already started thinking about 'back to school' in September - although for some in Scotland this will be happening any time now. The first day at school is a big moment for any child (and their parents) - and wanting to send good luck wishes to one of my close friends, I came up with this!

 The stunning card has been handmade by Anne Marie from the fabulous FizzyGinger - check out her website for some unique handmade card, keepsake boxes and canvas art. If you need a card for any occasion, just contact FizzyGinger. The cards are made from high quality materials and personalised to your request. You can also find crochet toys handmade by myself there!
To go with the card, I made an apple cosy. It is a simple design made using red yarn and double crocheted in the round. I added a dark green crochet leaf and a very cute wooden bee button to close the cosy. It will minimise any bumps and bruises to your apple. As with all my items, I can personalise with a name. I was so pleased with the cosy that I have made some for my Etsy shop - take a look now!

No comments:

Post a Comment