Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Sunday 4 November 2012

Luxury mohair and wool crochet blanket

Well, I fancied a change from tea cosies so decided to make a blanket (or afghan if you prefer!).

 Made from a simple square motif, I have joined 88 squares together to make this lovely lap sized blanket.

I was inspired by an article I read about using a self patterning yarn / colour changing yarn to create a blanket - the idea being that the yarn naturally produces differently coloured squares. I'm pleased to say it worked! Putting the squares together took a bit of time - as the colours had produced randomly, there wasn't a fixed amount of any one colour. Nonetheless, it is very effective.
I joined the squares together with a double crochet stitch to create a ridge - I think this frames the squares nicely.
The blanket is finished with a couple of rows of treble.
I am really pleased with the result and am now in the process of making a second. Available in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment