Crochet and handknitted personalised tea cosies, blankets and toys. Beautiful items...... Handmade with love

Thursday 24 November 2011

White fluffy crochet Westie Dog tea cosy

This little fella is an order for a lovely lady in America. She contacted me after finding a Westie dog tea cosy that I had made last year (which was another custom order surprisingly!). Anyway, after supplying me with the measurements of her teapot, I used a single strand of fluffy white yarn to make the body of the tea cosy. It is worked in a simple double crochet stitch, along the length of the cosy. It may be a simple stitch but the wool makes things a lot more complicated! Instead of working the head 'in the round', I crocheted it in rows from top to bottom, working the ears in too and saving on sewing up! As this was a custom order I suggested that I could add a felt name tag to the pooch to make it an even more special present. I embroidered 'Mac' onto a felt oval shape using a running stitch and then attached the back using a blanket stitch. Overall, I am very pleased with the result! If you would like me to make a cosy like this for you, please contact me - turnaround time at the moment is about one week. Click here for my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment